Filled to overflowing!
I just had an amazing Sabbath. Our stake presidency spoke to us and I love all of those men. President Dewey is in our ward and his wife is the sister that we all wore hats in support of a few weeks ago. He was emotional as he expressed how grateful they were to be in our ward and how much that meant to them. He then gave such an amazing talk about the atonement and our Savior. He had a long quote from Elder Groberg that he had memorized and so I emailed asking for a copy because I had never heard it before. Then we heard from President Jackson whose wife just died from cancer. Rick was able to take care of her a couple of times and the impression that she left over the doctors and nurses was amazing. She was in such pain but the grace and kindness that she exhibited left a mark over all those who took care of her. He gave a simple but powerful testament of the Savior. Then our wonderful stake president who is so kind and gentle. His name is Blake too and I tell Blake every time that they share a name and that he is a great man. He gave us our five goals to continue to work on. Morning and evening prayer at least on our knees. Read the Book of Mormon again this year. Increase temple attendance, Generous in our fast, Work on our "favorite little sin" . Our temple recommends were expiring the end of this month so we were able to meet with the bishopric and then the stake and give an accounting of our worthiness. It felt so good to be able to say that I felt worthy to enter the temple and to have that recommend for the next two years. Then off to Relief Society where many heartfelt expressions of love for our Savior and the plan of salvation were shared. Our teacher shared a story that I had never heard which is rare when you have been a life long member. It was from a talk "The spirit world, Our next Home, and it was a story about Heber J. Grant. So amazing and touching. I just love when I come away from church filled with thankfulness that I am a member of the true and living church. I know that I take it for granted many days and today I did not!


Comments