Cry Me A River (literally)
Next week in seminary we are going to be talking about Abraham being asked to offer Isaac as a sacrifice. I found a suggestion that when you watch the seminary video that goes with it, once you reach the part where he is told by the Lord to do this, you start playing a song by Amy Grant entitled "El shaddai". The video is heart wrenching in itself, but when you turned the words down and listened to the song, I seriously needed a water transfusion if there would be such a thing. I was in my house alone and couldn't pull it together. I just couldn't imagine after waiting to receive this son for so long, to be asked to do this and then to be willing to do it. I just imagined my own little guys and what would I have done if Rick was commanded to do that. I can say that my faith is not that strong at this moment. Abraham was such an amazing man and it has been such an honor to study his life and try to encourage the students and myself to be more faithful as we obey the commandments we are given. "Faith obedience" is the phrase they use often when describing Abraham. He just obeyed and had the faith that whatever the Lord asked of him he would do immediately! Nothing we are asked to do even comes close to what was asked of Abraham. Anyway after drinking several bottles of water during the day, I think I am in balance again. I will have to warn my students to be prepared for my emotions on that day. Galoshes might be required!!


Comments