Caden's Turn


Caden and I had a date today. He was able to pick what he wanted to do, and he wanted to bowl. I haven't bowled in a long time. I have taken the kids but I usually watch. It was so fun. I started out smashingly with 0 pins being knocked down my first turn. I, however, improved dramatically. Caden still won but we had a great time. On the 40 minute drive to the bowling alley we had such a good talk. We talked about his goals and his hopes and dreams. I was able to tell him how proud I am of him and to list all his amazing qualities without making anyone else jealous!! We then went to the arcade and to target and walked around while we waited for Taste of Thai to open. Drove 45 minutes to the restaurant only to discover that they are opening Saturdays starting October 1. Devastation!! Thankfully we had started with dessert and he had a birthday cake ball from starbucks. They are really decadent!! Anyway his next choice was Taco Bell which thankfully was down the road. Then on to home. It was a special day and I am truly blessed! Next week the old Blake get a turn so I will be donning the ol' bowling shoes again. He thinks bowling and Olive Garden are on the agenda!!


Comments