Yesterday the kids all had friends over to play and they were all out playing. One of the moms of the kids called and said to get the kids all inside a tornado was heading our way in about 20 minutes. I got them in and turned on the weather and it looked very bad. Rick came home from work at that time and said everyone in the car we are heading to Florence. We drove away from the storm until the weather guy said it had passed Salado. It hit our house bad, tons of leaves and tree limbs were on the ground, golf ball hail was all over the lawn and driveway. I had just cleaned all my windows in and out and now I have mulch splattered all over the one's in the front. Rick's truck received hail damage. Then our friend's house was hit the worst. She was just planting her new landscaping when the hail it. It made all her new plants look like sticks. Bent their trampoline in half, cut two trees in half, and they don't know how their corn and wheat crops made out. On the bright side everyone is okay!
Morgan is having a good time. She called last night and she has made some friends. She said she was learning a lot. I think yesterday she had to do a speech that was videotaped and critiqued.
This morning I have to run Lexi to school for a drum solo in front of a judge. She loves playing. She doesn't love the school band but she likes her drum lessons a lot.

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
I'm glad everyone was o.k. That's exciting for Morgan. Brittany is giving her speech for the school tomorrow and then we'll see if she makes it to district. I think it's great that they are willing to do these things too! How did Lexi do with the drums?
Jacqueline said…
Glad you are all alright. That made for an exciting day in Texas!

Popular Posts