Sunday, we were able to have Rick's two sisters visit and stay through Monday. Blake and Caden were thrilled to be able to skip school Monday and play with cousins all day. Their euphoria lessened when they brought home all their make-up work Tuesday night. But they still thought it was worth it. Rick was reminiscing about the days when he was in elementary school and homework wasn't thought of yet. I think we force our kids to grow up too fast. They spend all day at school and then come home and have hours of homework. I guess that is the pace of the world we live in. SAD. Some good news on the running front (I hope) I was able to run 2.0 miles and I just slowed down to 10 minute miles. My left leg felt wonderful. I did have pain every step with the right knee but it was totally bearable. I will think positive and hopefully it will get stronger each day. I am doing this 21 Days Closer to Christ. I bought it for next Easter season to do with the kids 3 weeks before Easter. I love the artwork which is by Simon Dewey. Yesterdays message was on journaling. I know Ellie has always been a proponent of that and I have done pretty good at certain times in my life. Last night I was reading some of my journals from Ft. Polk and some experiences I had there. I was amazed at how reading the words I felt like I was in that moment and reliving those moments. I read some of when the boys were little and laughed at some of the things I had completely forgotten. The author mentioned how they all treasure their great grandmother's journals. A woman who experienced great trials and adversity. She had written in her journal the following which seemed to have a profound affect on me: "My Heavenly Father was surely mindful of me. And when we know that, we live our lives free and apart without murmuring with life or the part we are called to play." I love that. Then her very last page she wrote "To my children and grandchildren. Learn to listen to the whisperings of the Spirit." The author wrote that that counsel had more meaning because of the personal stories shared where she had done just that throughout her life.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular Posts
Birthday Celebration 55!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps


Comments