Last night was the girls's last track meet. It was very cold and usually I am prepared. This time I was not. It was still fun to watch the girls. They did great! Morgan has been struggling with allergies really bad and has had to wear her glasses. She wore her contacts for the first time at the meet and I mentioned that this morning. She said well I had been praying all week that I would be able to wear them for the meet, and when I put them in that morning they didn't hurt and didn't hurt all day. She was back in her glasses this morning. What I appreciated about that comment was that Morgan realizes that her Heavenly Father loves her and knows her. She knew that what is important to her is important to him. Also she realized that being able to wear her contacts was an answer to her prayers. I also realized another blessing last night at the track meet as I looked around at all these 7th and 8th grade kids with their boyfriends and girlfriends. Some are on their fourth or fifth one this year, and some are with the same one for a lengthy period of time and are very familiar with each other. If not for my membership in the church, I probably wouldn't know what standards to set for my girls. They would probably be one of those girls last night. The stength of youth is so clear on standards. Lexi has one of those little pamphlets in her locker and when teachers or friends ask her about why she does or doesn't do certain things,she shows them that book. It is so great to not have to be a mean mom, or a mom that doesn't understand teen issues. My girls know that these are the Lords' standards to keep them safe and happy. How do you question that? Just some thoughts I had this morning.

I only ran 1 mile today, but did it in 9:17. So my fastest so far, but I also knew I was only doing a mile so I went faster. Still not any easier

Comments

Popular Posts