Weekend
![]() |
| Trevor and Katherine Winegar (closest to the pinata) host a Cinco De Mayo party at their home every year. |
![]() |
| This was on my instagram yesterday and I really loved that thought. |
So much of what I have been led to read lately has been basically Sis Craven's talk in conference. She mentioned about being careful and not casual in our daily walk and the choices we make. This morning I was reading Amulek talking to the people of Ammonihah and he was telling them that he was from a prominent family, he had wealth and prestige and basically had gotten casual in his worship and relationship with Heavenly Father. Ellie sent me a link to a talk about what we do in our spare time and are we soaring with the eagles or rolling around in the muck with the pigs. The speaker talked about it from a point that the pigs might not be making the best choice and in her context it made sense, but I have thought about that and I think that it is hard to be constantly soaring and the pigs are enjoying the refreshing coolness of the mud and it is a joy to them. I find that sometimes we wear ourselves out thinking we must be constantly soaring and maybe forget to frolic and enjoy the simpleness around us. I know that I want to be more careful in my choices and I think the Lord has led me to scriptures, talks, thoughts etc to let me know that it is something he would have me focus on and work on. I am so thankful for the Sabbath day. I am thankful that I am able to partake of the sacrament and witness that I will try harder to be careful. I am also grateful that when I have not been as careful, I can pick myself up and go again and again. We talked about the woman taken in adultery today and about not casting stones, maybe not even picking up the stone even, I think we need to apply that to ourselves. We judge ourselves harshly at times and in essence cast stones at ourselves. We, none of us, are perfect but we are trying and I love the hope and beauty in that reminder each week.
Our 27th anniversary is coming up on the 15th. Rick and I are going to an outdoor concert if the weather permits. The Avett Brothers! I am so excited. Then we fly out to South Carolina with the Schoenrocks to celebrate. I am super excited to see where Morgan served her mission and to see a new part of the country. Caden has his stake president interview May 21 for his temple recommend. I cannot believe my time with him home is coming to an end, but so excited for him.








Comments