Jack has been on the decline and it is so very sad to see. He has such a hard time breathing and now he has infected armpits. They are raw with open sores. His hair is changing texture and falling out. I ordered a cone of shame today to make him wear until we can see if we can heal his wounds. I have been giving him a steroid pill and rubbing cream on it but he just licks off the cream. He is struggling with breathing because his stomach is so enlarged. They say he has cushings and their really isn't anything they can do for him. He is already on medicine and a special food, but not helping. He is also weak in the back legs and so cannot stand for long and has a really hard time getting in and out of the house. Unfortunately he has to go down several stairs to get to the grass and he is really struggling making it back up. I really do not want to have to put him down until after the trip. We usually leave the dogs alone and have a girl check on them and I don't think Gracie will do very good without him. They comfort each other. Even though Jack drives me crazy with his shedding we have had him ten years and he has been part of our family. I teared up this morning thinking of having to put him down!
Comments