Yesterday we had a family get baptized.  A mom, dad and young son.  It was a beautiful thing to witness and to see their joy.  I was so happy to know how life changing this was for them.  This was the lady that we all showed up to help her move a few months ago and she was shocked at how we would help a complete stranger.  She has such a wonderful spirit about her and I am just so happy for this little family.  We then went and helped move in a new family.  As the boys and I pulled up, the high priest group leader said, "How did I know you guys would show up?"  He the preceded to tell the new members that if there is a move, that we always show up.  I want my boys to serve.  I want them to find joy in that and to realize that this life is not all about them, but when we help others the Lord is pleased with us.  He then came up to Rick and thanked him for sending his posse since he was working and told him how grateful he is for our willingness to always help.  Another blessing was that when I knocked on the door to take in the first item, Jen answered. She is a girl that came to crossfit a while back and she is a wonderful person.  This new member is a cousin of hers.  I am hoping that this might be a missionary opportunity for Jen and we will see where it leads.  It was fun seeing her again and working along side her.  We then came home and the boys got ready for the dance.  I drove a few kids down and hung out for the few hours and then drove them home.  They had a great time!

Comments

Bozie said…
Sounds like a wonderful weekend full of service and fun. That's awesome to have a whole family baptized like that.

Popular Posts