Christmas 2015 Decorating!



This will be Morgan's first Christmas in a couple years.  She just missed last year by a couple weeks.  The girls are so excited to come home and have a break and be spoiled by their dad's good cooking.  We spent the day yesterday getting our Christmas decorations out and putting them around.  When I say we I mainly mean me and Rick.  Those dang boys do not catch the vision and Caden said he just doesn't get it when we have to take in all down again.  He said we should just do a tree and that is all.  WHAT!!  Does he know who his mother is?? I mean I have been regaling them with Christmas music for a month now.  I hear them singing along though so I think they secretly like it.  I wanted to have my Christmas tree in an old farm feed bucket so I bought one at the tractor store thinking that Rick could just put the tree stand inside and voila.  No such luck as usual.  The tree stand was too big so I he went and got the next size bigger and still no go.  Poor guy spent the next hour making a wooden box and almost a lazy susan looking thing for my tree to sit in.  It looks lovely and he actually liked it when at first he was skeptical.   One of these days my project for him will actually be as easy as I think!  I put the smaller bucket to good use and put all of our Christmas books Ellie has given us over the years!

Comments

Bozie said…
I LOVE IT!! It's absolutely breathtaking and so festive! I can't believe Christmas is upon us already. I am so not ready! But this next weekend we'll hopefully be able to put up our Christmas decorations and Dennis has the lights on our rooftop and trees outside so it's starting to feel a lot more like Christmas around here too. Best time of the year for sure!
Be Thou Humble said…
Everything looks so lovely! I liked the tree in the tin and thought that was a great idea but it sounds like one I won't try and replicate....Scott may not be as patient about making it work! :)

Popular Posts