Thanksgiving 2019

Rick had to work a lot this week and I was originally going to go to Utah since I knew I would be going it pretty much alone, but when Rick was diagnosed I wanted to stay home.  Blake was here but he works the night shift so I knew he would sleep most of the day.  Thankfully Ginger's family had their dinner at her house this year so I went.  Food was amazing and they had both roast and turkey, the standards of stuffing and potatoes, Ginger made cream corn and it was so good.  You did it in the crock pot and it has cream cheese in it.  I will be making that again.  I contributed three pies from Kneaders and the choc silk one was a huge hit.  Larry (her dad) has been doing Keto for a year and has lost a ton of weight as has her mother, but he broke his no sugar in eight months last night to have a slice.  He said it was worth it.  Barret called and talked for quite a while, and I saw that Tanner called. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of Caden calling because I didn't realize they could call on the holidays and he might not have realized it either!

Morgan spent her Thanksgiving with the senior couple over the YSA's and I have not heard her report yet.  They are five hours ahead so I will call her soon.  Lexi and Levi had dinner with his family and then went to Grandma and Grandpa's for pie.  They called me on the way home from that and had had a good time.

My puppy is doing good, but I realize that I am too soft.  I don't like putting him in his crate because he cries but he was driving me crazy this morning so I put him in and after a few minutes of crying he has settled down.  I know I was successful with Gracie on potty training by putting her in the crate.  Left him in Caden's bathroom with a little pad down in case he needed to go potty when I went to the temple, and he was in there eight hours and was totally fine.  I left him again yesterday for the dinner and again he was fine.  I just can't let him run around the house with me not watching him yet.  So the crate is a good solution.

Working full time did not allow me to get to the temple as often as I have been.  I only made it once in September and none in October.  My little ladies were chomping at the bit to go.  When I knew last week was my final week, I called and made reservations for four for this past Wednesday.  They were only having two sessions 9 and 10:30 and we got into the 10;30 one. It was so nice!  Rick has a couple light weeks the first two weeks of December so we are planning on going with the Schoenrocks.  But other than my slow down for work, I was able to accomplish my goal of going twice a month in 2019.  They just announced two missions being added to Texas. One is Austin.  We are all hoping beyond hope that we will hear a temple announced here soon!

We had Grey on Wednesday and he just turned ten months and he is starting to walk.  His hair is hilarious and he has so many swirls on the back of his head that it just goes everywhere.

He spent the holiday at his great grandparent's house!

Comments

bethouhumble said…
Sounds like a relaxed Thanksgiving....and your Christmas is already up! I just finished getting all the newsletters ready late last night so now....it's time to work on the house!
bethouhumble said…
So fun that Grey is walking! So cute!

Popular Posts