Tender Mercies Continue



So I have had a hard time keeping up with work, my classes, family life, and my calling and it just seems that I am running a bit on empty.  I had a couple of tests last week and with work, appointments with Rick, and then the YW camp out I just did not feel like I was prepared for them.  I came home from the camp out and studied.  I had to take the test by that evening and so after a few hours of studying I went for it.  You are filmed while you take it and there are no notes or helps of any kind allowed.  The test was all short answer and when I finished I felt like I did pretty good.  I thought a low A or high B and I was totally ok with that.  I got my results and out of 100 I got a 101.  I don't' even know how because there wasn't any extra credit.  I thought this cannot be right, so I emailed the teacher and asked if he was sure that was my correct score.  He said it was and that he had received a lot of emails complaining  that he graded too hard since the average was a 70.  I just sat in disbelief.  I think that my Heavenly Father knew I was doing my best and he made up the difference.  I continue to be amazed at how we have been taken care of this last month.

Rick has made it through his first week of chemo and radiation and so far no side effects.  We have a guy that is on the list for a heart transplant and he is secretly writing love notes to his wife for the two weeks after the surgery.  He has been told you are pretty out of it for the first two. He has enlisted the help of some of us to deliver the notes.  We are day six.  His letter to us was funny becasue he said that extremes in recovery range from a medically induced coma to his exercising the "Daniels' Protocol" whereby he will be doing burbees and planks within six hours of surgery!

Everyone is still in shock about how well Rick has done.  Today he is running around getting things ready for tonight's joint activity which is a service scavenger hunt.

I also had some great news. I was supposed to work until Friday, but Jordan came in today to train and in the afternoon I was able to leave.  There really is not much he can do until he gets access and I had all my stuff with the new hires I have worked with done.  I am so grateful to be done with that and can get back to my normal life.  I will never take the blessing of being able to be a homemaker for granted again.  I already have my temple trip scheduled for next week with my ladies.  They are so very happy I am back too!


Comments

bethouhumble said…
What a relief!!! I know exactly what you mean. I do not have time for an outside job! Love the tender mercies. What a wonderful experience with your test! Also love the secret love notes. How thoughtful!

Popular Posts