The highs and lows of life!
![]() |
| Smelled good and looked promising. False! |
Mike got engaged Saturday to Nicki! I love her ring and we are excited to add her to our family. Not sure of the date yet! Then yesterday I got up early to make the 7 up cake for the missionaries coming to dinner. It seems like Ellie and I had the same results and we both remembered why we do not make this cake! I am wondering if it is because I use butter instead of margarine. I will have to experiment. So Rick thought he would try and camouflage it with cream cheese icing, but for all the many talents Rick has icing a cake is not one of them, but we had a good laugh. Mine also was not as yellow as moms so I have no idea. It tasted good though. Peanut clusters and our rolo treats turned out ok so that was a positive note. Later we all played Authors and Hearts. Blake loves Authors. Of course, Morgan won Authors but we had a good time. The kids love to play with their dad because he is so funny. He will deliberate forever and then he will play the worst possible card down. After that we all started watching Its a Wonderful Life, Rick and Blake did not make it all the way, but the rest of us did. Of course, I was a tad emotional which elicits some teasing but a wonderful Sunday. Our Christmas meeting was music and scripture and then we had the missionaries over for dinner. We had put together stockings for them to take home. One goes home in four weeks and was from Lindon Utah. He has loved Texas so much he is coming back here for school. He said he is done with the cold!






Comments