Last Day with Lexi and Levi
Had to get a group shot of everyone before we headed to church!. It has been so fun having them with us. Games, movies, laughing, teasing, and they just added so much to my holiday. They left this morning around 5:45. I was put in as the 1st counselor in the Young Women and so they had the outgoing presidency and advisors share their testimonies with the girls and then the new presidency and advisors share their thoughts. I shared with them that when the extended the calling I was hesitant only because of the responsibility I felt. I said that when I was a little girl I loved the story of Esther and how it was a rags to riches story. A little orphan girl becomes a queen. But that at one point she was asked to do something very scary to save her people. She was not sure what to do. Her uncle said to her, Who knows but that you were saved for such a time as this. I told the girls that they were reserved for such a time as this. They are valiant and strong but that they were facing and have faced difficult times. Much more than when I was a youth. Deception is everywhere and black is white and white is black and I felt a huge responsibility to be a part of their journey. But I told them I prayed about it and the spirit assured me that I can be what they need and I am who the Lord wanted at this time. Sis Cox the president also said that when she was asked about the calling a name came to her right away very strongly and then when she was going to the temple, the other names just came to her mind and where they should serve. She then took those names to the temple and presented them to the Lord and they were confirmed for her. As she was sharing that with the girls, the spirit was so strong and again affirmed to me that this is where I need to be at this time. I needed that because I have never really felt comfortable in working with the Young Women, but I have faith that the Lord will qualify those he calls and so I will trust in that. I finished reading the book of Mormon and haven't hit every day since. I have been hit or miss. I cannot let that habit slide and need to get into a new rhythm of study. I will need to be living close to the spirit so I can be what these girls need me to be for them.
Our last Sunday as 3-hour block. Crazy! Last night the Schoenrocks came for dinner and we played this game we played last year in Winter Park. It is so fun! We are going to go to their house today for dinner and fireworks since we missed Christmas day with them! I plan on taking down Christmas today and getting my house back in order! Morgan will be with us for just over a week. She will not be heading back to school which is a new thing for her. I think she plans on just working, traveling in April with a friend and then after the family reunion, she will move to wherever she gets into for grad school. Her top pick is the Texas school because it is funded and it is one year less since they combine the masters and Ph.D. but the allergies reminded her of how hard it is for her to be here certain times of the year. Because it is one of the few funded programs it is extremely difficult to get in so I think if she did get in, she would deal with the allergies! It would be nice to have her closer. Lexi is locked into a two-year contract with the hospital and if she gets into the Utah program she will be in Utah for at least 3 years so I am prepared to only have little visits with her and Levi for a while.





Comments