RS Ministering Lunch and Zone Conference

Yesterday I picked up Betty and Marilyn and took them to the luncheon at Carrie's house. (She is the Young Women's president but they are getting a new president in January and Rick just informed me that she asked for me to be one of the counselors.  I never feel like I am a good fit for young women but I prayed about it and felt that for some reason I am meant to serve there.  So I will go forward with the faith that I will receive the blessings and help I need to magnify the calling.)   We had about 30 ladies come and everyone brought either a salad, fruit or dessert to share and a white elephant gift.  Marilyn loved it and told me that she will come to church on the 23rd for the one hour special program.  I hope that she will continue to come and just maybe she will become active!  Then today Ginger had to feed 40 missionaries for zone conference and asked if I would help her out. Of course I would.  We made it up there around 11 and she had everything ready to go except keep heated.  The mission office had requested sort of Christmas day dinner and when we showed up they were watching a Hallmark Christmas movie.  Not sure the elders were loving it but the sisters seemed to.  Then after they ate they were assembling gingerbread houses.  Thought that was a fun thing for them to be able to get together and do something for the holidays.  We served ham, potatoes, green beans and bacon, salad and rolls with cheesecake for dessert.  The part that we do not like and they do it in every mission that I have been in, is they sing to us before they eat.  So you stand there awkwardly smiling while they sing.  Thank goodness they only sang one verse of Because I Have Been Given Much and Called to Serve.  I did look out at those beautiful faces and tried to picture Caden among them.  He just seems so young to me and I know that I have babied him!   Lexi and Levi can't come home for Christmas because Levi got a job.  YEAH.  Actually using his degree so we are thrilled, but he starts Thursday and will not be able to take time off to come out.  Lexi doesn't start until January.  They will be moving this weekend to Salt Lake and found a great apartment close to the hospital she will be working at.  It is actually in Midvale I think.  I don't know Salt Lake at all and it will be weird not having her in Utah Valley!  She will be working in a very large hospital in the ER which is what she wanted and she will get loads of experience.  Then if she gets accepted into the grad program at the University of Utah she will start that in September.  If she doesn't, she needs 2 year ER experience to apply to most other NP programs.  I am so excited for them!

Morgan will also find out in March where she will go to grad school so she will have until September to just work and take a break from school.  Her boss is letting her work remotely and so she has the travel bug again, but I am hoping she will just move to Salt Lake and work.  She is wanting a break from provo/orem, but I hope that is as far as she goes.  I am not a good mom for a wanderlust girl.

Comments

bethouhumble said…
We are serving the missionaries the end of January. I've never done it before. I'll let you know if they sing to us!


That is great news for Levi and Lexi. I knew Levi had interviewed for a job in his field so that's great that he got it. Sad they can't come home for Christmas. Good thing they have lots of family still in Utah!

Great news for Levi and I hear you on the wanderlust thing. That would be hard for me too. I think Tyson would also enjoy traveling. He seems excited to learn about the different countries.
Daniels Six said…
Too bad he wasn’t free to go with her!

Popular Posts