Light the World



So after our FHE lesson tonight we tried to do a secret drop off at three different families' homes.  I ordered these wooden nativity sets and attached to each piece was a scripture to read for twelve days of Christmas.  I also made gingerbread cookies and included icing and sprinkles for the kids to decorate.  The first house we did, I minister to the grandma that lives with the family.  They have three little kids.  The boys did the dropping off and running which they loved.  They got back in the car and we were barely gone when Faye texted me to ask where I got the nativity set.  Apparently, they had a security camera and saw the boys!  Dang.  The next house was a less active family with four little kids and they had a camera too, but the boys were more stealthy.  I also don't think they would recognize the boys anyway.  The third house, the boys dropped it and then hid behind a car across the road and watched.  They saw little faces looking out the door and then the dad opened the door and saw the package. This family is a convert family of a few years and they had raised their children when a niece was going to lose her three kids to foster care and this couple took them in.  They have recently adopted them and had them sealed to them.  Love them!   They then raced back to the car.  So we were anonymous for two out of the three. The boys had such a fun time doing it and we loved all being together in the spirit of service.  I had to include the pic of Gracie.  She had a bath and she was shivering a bit so Rick got a blanket and wrapped her up in it. She just looked so dang cute I had to get a pic.  Poor Jack had to take matters into his own hands and wrapped himself up in a blanket.  They sure have a rough life!

Comments

Bozie said…
I love those boxes! Sounds like the activity was great for the boys as well as those who were lucky enough to get one of those goodie boxes. My kids always enjoy dropping off things for neighbors and running and hiding too.

Popular Posts