Our advent activity tonight was making carmel apples. A first for all of us. The kids all had fun making their own creations and Blake could hardly wait and in fact didn't wait to dive into his. He of course just had a plain carmel with no toppings! We read Humprey's first Christmas and it is such a wonderful story and cleverly written. Humorous and touching at the same time. Tonight we are to go shop for some Secret Santa items! This is always a fun activity and allows my children to realize how blessed they are and how giving to others is the perfect way to feel the true meaning of Christmas!

Comments

Bozie said…
you know, we've never made carmel apples either! i've always thought it looked like too much work. i am so glad you are having such a fun time with the kids while they still want to do things with you.
Be Thou Humble said…
Such fun activities! I used to have a little activity that I did with the kids every day but it got a little overwhelming. I like several of the ones you are doing though so if not this year...maybe next year! Way to go!
Be Thou Humble said…
Elena,
You'll have to share what your kids favorite activities have been and maybe we'll do 12 books and 12 activities (I have a couple of things already) for the last 12 days of Christmas!
Daniels Six said…
So far the marshmellow men have been everyone's favorite. Blake keeps begging to make some more. I told him when we do our gingerbread house i will let him make some more for that. I think making and decorating gingerbread men will be a hit too.

Popular Posts