Track Moments
(One of the girls at the meet didn't know Morgan had a sister. She said Lexi was her sister, she said oh is she the girl with the side pony? Lexi sports this look often!!)Lexi has been running track this year. She really didn't want to but the coach kind of leaned on her hard. In junior high Lexi always ran the mile and the 800 so this year was a difference when they put her on all the sprint relays. She did really good and her teams usually came in first in the meets. Last night during her hand off of the baton to her teammate something happened and they struggled with that and went from 1st to 2nd. It happened on the opposite side of the track from the bleacher so we couldn't see what happened. One of Lexi's friends Rachel had come to sit by her mom and I during some races and we asked her if she knew what happened. She explained it and said Lexi will say it is her fault even if it isn't because she is so humble. I thought that was an interesting word coming from a teen and it does describe Lexi. She is always so kind to others and puts their feelings above herself. They redeemed themselves in the mile relay by winning with a large lead.
This same mom and I were talking during the last track meet about the track outfits and how some girls would make them as immodest as possible. (they already are pretty tight fitting). They would roll the shorts and so their stomachs are all showing among other things. Her daughter is the one other girl that will be modest at swim parties and dances. She will have shrugs over dresses etc. Her mom was saying how she was starting to get some complaining from her daughter. I told her about the strength of youth pamphlet and how that really helps me with the girls. It is not just coming from me, it is coming from their Heavenly Father. She asked me if I could get her a copy. I did and I love how it also has the Living Christ and the proclamation in there. So many other religions view us as non Christians. I don't know how you can read that pamphlet and think that any longer.


Comments
i can totally see lexi taking the fall for someone else to spare their feelings-hope she doesn't get taken advantage of too often in her life-the sweet ones often do.
haven't seen morgy on here too much-what is she up to besides school these days-is she playing any sports or dating at all?
glad lexi doesn't mind you putting things on here about her-it's so fun to see the kids and find out what they're doing.