A Dog's Life

Well we have had Jack for three days now and he has been a perfect gentlemen. He adores the family and wants to be by us all the time. I am in the office and he is laying in the hallway watching me. When I am busy cleaning and the kids are at school, he will lay in his little bed. He has decided Lexi is the one he wants to sleep with at night. Last night she slept upstairs with the boys so Morgan tried to get him to sleep with her. He decided he would sleep upstairs on a beanbag by Lexi. Hopefully he will continue to be a piece of cake.

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
You must know how to pick them! IF (and that's a HUGE IF) I ever get to that point again, I'll have to have you pick one out for me. How does he let you know he needs to go outside?
Daniels Six said…
Basically we take him out first thing in the morning because he has held it all night. And then he only gets a cup of food for the day and we feed him in the morning. After he eats I just let him out about 1/2 an hour after that. Then he will go to the back door and stand if he wants or need to go out. He is the perfect size. I have seen cats bigger, so he isn't in your way. I have found that when you go to animal shelters go and feel it out. I def had a bad vibe until I considered him. We don't do puppies though too much work and I know I would fail.
Bozie said…
it's so funny that he has latched on to lexi-he knows an animal lover when he sees one i guess:) i'm glad he is working out-i'm convinced the only way to go is to get a dog that is out of the puppy stage and is house-trained already. trapper was the perfect dog and we got him from a shelter too. i agree with ellie-you seem to know how to pick them!!

Popular Posts