When you tell one Lie.....

Last night Rick and I took the boys out to dinner. As we were eating Caden said, " I told a lie today." He was feeling pretty bad about it and wondered what his options were. The math teacher had asked the kids if they had studied their mulitplications the night before. If they had, they could go out to recess, if not they had to stay in and work on them. Caden told her he had and went to play when in fact, we had not worked on them. This teacher is the scariest teacher, all the kids are intimidated by her. He said, I think I will repent tonight in my prayers. We told him that he needed to make it right first. He really didn't want to tell her, so he said how about if I work on them next time and when she asks I will say I didn't. I mentioned that would be another lie. He said how about if I come back in five years and tell her. Again that idea was shot down. I said do you want me to email her explaining what you did and that you are ready for the consequences of that choice. He said that would be great. He just didn't know how to tell her. So last night, I sent her the email. Today she sent-- Ms. Daniels, Thank you so much for letting me know. I spoke with Caden today and told him that I was so proud of him for wanting to fix a choice he wasn’t proud of. What an outstanding young man you are raising. I appreciate your continued support with Caden and Blake at home. Enjoy your evening! I haven't seen him yet to find out what consequences he ended up with, but I was proud of him too!! Blake (in a different class) opted to not lie and stayed in for the recess!!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Way to go Caden (& Blake!) I'm sure he feels much better tonight!
Bozie said…
what a couple of great boys you have. i don't know if mine would have even told me they lied in the first place. i'd like to think they would but i'm not sure. i hope caden and blake both know how wonderful they are for telling the truth.

Popular Posts