What do you do all day?
My girls often ask me this, thinking I suppose that I sit around eating bon bons all day while they are slaving away at school. I thought I would document what I did today for them. Started my day at 5:00 am with a review of my seminary lesson. 6:00-6:50 taught seminary, 6:50 woke up Blake and Caden and prepared their lunches and breakfast. 7:15 made the 1/2 hour round trip dropping off high school and middle school kids. Came home showered, studied my lesson for tomorrow, then the fun began. Cleaned three bathrooms, mopped several floors (my entire downstairs is stained concrete) washed the girls cover for their couch. Dusted office, hang out room, laundry, laundry, laundry, talked to my sister, made eggplant parmigiana for dinner, and pumpkin bread for dessert. Boys walked in and I helped Blake with phase 1 of homework, two phases to go after he takes a break. I usually work out on Wednesday too, but didn't make it today. I must say that I get great joy from cleaning and making my home a nice place to be. I guess I make it look too easy. I think my girls will be in for a rude awakening when they are on their own and things just don't magically stay clean.


Comments