I find my thoughts wandering often to the suffering going on in Haiti. I feel so helpless and find it weird to go about my normal day when people are still trapped and fighting for life. The scriptures tell us that these disasters will increase and be more and more catastrophic as we near the winding up scenes here on earth. It just reiterates that faith and fear cannot coexist and my job as a parent is to make sure that my children's lamps are full so they will be prepared to endure. Of course, I must make sure my lamp is full in the first place. When these things happen, I feel so incredibly sad for the children. Especially in Haiti, where there were already so many orphans. Who is comforting them? Loving them? I wish I could. I couldn't imagine my children going through that all alone. I am so grateful to belong to a church that walks the walk and is so ready to assist the afflicted. At least I can help with funds and even more important prayers.

Comments

Bozie said…
elena, this is why everyone loves and feels close to you-you are such a tenderhearted girl. your blog always reminds me of the important things and how far i have to be truly Christlike. i wish my heart and thoughts were more like yours.
Daniels Six said…
Thank you Bozie, but I must say you are the sister everyone loves!!!

Popular Posts