Not for the Faint Hearted


I was walking over to my bookshelf to put a book back when I saw a huge scorpion-- tail all curled creeping along. I didn't want to run get a shoe for fear I would lose him, so I decided to smash him with the book. Ironically called "Arming your children with the gospel." Not to get to deep on you, but wow when my kids come upon the scorpions of life there isn't time to run and get prepared, they need the protection right then. Anyway when I saw those two items side by side, it really made me realize how important the daily basics are for the kids to survive spiritually these days and not get "stung"

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Great analogy! I'm sorry you have those nasty little critters too!
Bozie said…
what a great reminder to prepare our children now-your right, there will be no time for them to prepare when they face their temptations and trials in the future. wonderful way to liken a physical object lesson to our spiritual protection.

Popular Posts