In Good Company

Lexi has had and continues to have problems with a couple people at school because she is a Mormon. A particular boy makes fun of her, asks ridiculous questions about the church and then never wants to hear her answers, he calls her horrible names and just makes her class with him miserable. (he sits close to her) Thursday when I was taking her to drum lessons, she was relating some problems that had happened that day, and she said "I don't understand why this is happening to me, I try to be nice to everyone." Lexi is one of the sweetest, tenderhearted kids I know. I tried to console her and offer some solutions to the different situations. Today at seminary we were taking about Alma and Amulek who were forced to watch faithful woman and innocent children burn. They were then beaten and deprived of food, clothing, warmth. They were righteous and yet bad things still happened. I mentioned how Christ was persecuted, Joseph Smith, and countless others who were persecuted and hated for nothing more than being good. This boy has a huge issue with Lexi's values. I really don't know why her trying to live a Christlike life is so offensive to him. Especially since it doesn't adversely affect him in anyway. We learned that just like Christ, Alma and Amulek were silent when their accusers attacked. They knew that they were not interested in the truth, just like this particular boy is not. Hopefully Lexi will be strong enough to follow their examples. I have told her she needs to pray for his heart to be softened. That is easier said than done!!

Comments

Bozie said…
this just breaks my heart. the boys and i talked about it this morning as we were reading scriptures in Matt. where Jesus is talking to his disciples about what they would soon face. the persecution, hatred and even death for them because of their belief in Him. it's so ironic that such good causes such hate. please let lexi know we are thinking and will be praying for her as well!
Daniels Six said…
Thanks Bozie!! He apparantly got moved to a table by himself today, so she is getting a break from him!!

Popular Posts