Dog days of summer
Grey is loving summer and that he gets to come over Monday and Thursdays. Tuesday morning he woke up and was waiting around for Rick to get home for a bike ride on a new trail. After that he dropped him off at summer camp. Wednesday night I had stake training. I made apple bread Friday morning after we got Grey dropped at camp. He was going to a splash pad for a field trip all day so he was dressed in a swimsuit and excited for the fun. Kayla said she picked him up and they went to her dad's house to swim in the pool. So lots of water for that boy. I took the apple bread to two sisters in the ward. One was not home or didn't answer. Not sure she is active we do not have a phone number for her but I left the bread in a bag with a card with my name and phone number. The other was my 91 year old Faye in my ministering pod. She was heading out to meet her daughter for a doctor's appointment so we just chatted briefly and I introduced myself.
Spent some time looking at places to maybe add to our rental situation since we decided to not do the cookie store. I know for Rick we can get great tax breaks if I can be. real estate professional but I need to have 700 hours per year to qualify and I need to get a couple more to have those hours work. Heather who is a member and I first met 12 years ago as her visiting teacher is helping us. She is not active and has not really ever been but we have remained friends and catch up over lunch here and there. We put in offer on a duplex and it had been on the market a while and the day we put our offer in they had just accepted one. I loved how Heather said "I feel like when timing of these things happen (all of a sudden another offer comes in) it is not a coincidence. " I told her that I fully believe that God is in the details of our lives!
So we have been praying about whether to pursue adding a couple more rentals and several times I have been praying for an answer and I will just open my scriptures at random and the answer will so clearly be right there. So I did this, and I opened my scriptures to D & C 124 and at the very top of that page was vs 23 and so I started reading and it says "and it shall be a house for boarding, a house that strangers may come from afar to lodge therein. " I was like no way and there was my answer. So we will keep looking and try to find a couple that will cash flow. I really want this house we found and it is darling and across from the community pool and behind is the elementary school which is top rated. No HOA which is also what I am looking for. For us to get it to cash flow would take a lot of our cash reserves so we are hesitant to do it but being prayerful about it. We would like to do one in Utah because the travel to and from would get my hours up but they are so high right now!








Comments