Daughter Status

I love this picture of my dad and I.  I am pretty much him in a girl.  I have the same rib cage, the same weak, skinny ankles, I have his thyroid and cholesterol issues. I wish I had his twinkle!

I was listening to a story about a kid that lived on a farm in Utah and he had to go move the irrigation pipe and their water time was 2 am.  So he was out there and he got his truck stuck in the mud.  He said there are only a very few people you can call at 2 am to help you out but I knew I could call my dad.  I have son status.  I loved that phrase and thought about how I have daughter status with my Heavenly Father.  He will never not answer my cries for help no matter what mess I get myself into or how many times I need Him to come rescue me.  He is always there. 

 I hope my kids now this. Even if we don't always see eye to eye on everything and maybe they do things differently that I would,  I hope they know that if they ever find themselves stuck in  metaphorical mud at 2 am or anytime, they can call me because they have son/daughter status. 

Comments

Popular Posts