Beautiful lives lived!




 Attended a funeral Friday with Ginger for Billie King who was a member of the ward my girls grew up in.  She was 91 years old and it was so fun to hear the grandkids tell memories of her.  She had two girls one of which they adopted.  Her husband was a colonel in the Air Force and was a big deal.  They had lots of property and were very wealthy but they lived extremely humbly in a little rock house.  All of his grandkids went to A & M because that was his alma mater and if they went there he would pay for their schooling.  She was quite the fireball and defended her family fiercely.  Her grandson Len was killed right when I was in the hospital having the twins.  He had just returned from his mission and was killed by a drunk driver.  Sis King really had a hard time forgiving that guy.  The last few years her mind failed her and at the end she didn't recognize most people.  

Today we attended the funeral for David Noyes. Rick was Jan and Dave's bishop for six years and Jan is amazing.  She is gifted in speaking and also is very musical.  She and. Dave met on the singing/dancing team that was later called the Young Ambassadors.  They traveled the country performing. They were employed by the government as an accountant and then they were both employed and lived in Turkey, Brussels, Germany and Japan. They also lived in Utah for 20 years and was in the Mormon Tab Choir for those years.   They retired in 2012 and moved to Sun City in Georgetown so we moved in about the same time.  I loved Jan and had her teach RS when I was RS President.  She was a favorite.  David pretty much wrote how he wanted his program to go and it was very musical which I loved!

His one son sang Precious, Lord take my hand acapella and it was amazing. He only struggled with emotion a couple times.  I loved the song and wanted to write the lyrics for mom.  

Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand;
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn. 

Through the storm, through the night, Lead me on to the light.
Take my hand, precious Lord;
Lead me home.

When my way grows drear, Precious Lord, linger near, 

When my life is almost gone, Hear my cry, hear my call; 

Hold my hand lest I fall.
Take my hand, precious Lord; Lead me home.

When the darkness appears 

And the night draws near, And the day is almost gone,

 At the river I stand;

Guide my feet, hold my hand, 

Take my hand, precious Lord; Lead me home.

Then his daughter sang, 

When I fall in Love 

When I fall in love, It will be forever, Or I'll never all in love

In a restless world like this is Love is ended before it begun an too many moonlight kisses seem to cool in the warmth of the sun

when I give my heart it will be completely or I'll never give my heart, oh let me give my heart

And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too, Is when I fall in love I fall in love with you

When I fall in love it will be forever

Then his other son sang "Tell my Father" and he played the piano while he sang 

Jan his wife gave the plan of salvation talk mingled in with his life. it was so good

After her remarks she and the four kids sang "I know that my Redeemer Lives"

Then Jan that David performed for so many events and a song he often sang for missionaries,families  and friends was God be With You till we meet again.

Jan said so as we are gathered as family and friends we are going to sing this to you David.

and we all sang God Be with You till we meet again

It was so beautiful and over the course of the two days, I just knelt in gratitude that I know the plan of salvation and Jesus Christ's role as our Savior and Advocate.  Death is just a short parting and there is such hope and joy found in that truth.

'What a wonderful thing is death, really, when all is said and done.  It is the great reliever.  It is a majestic, quiet passing on from this life to another life, a better life. I'm satisfied of that.  We go to a place where we will not suffer as we have suffered here, but where we will continue to grow , accumulating knowledge and developing and being useful under the plan of the Almighty made possible through the atonement of the Son of God." Gordon B. Hinckley 



Comments

bethouhumble said…
It sounds like it was an uplifting weekend despite they were funerals. We can learn so much from each other!

Popular Posts