33 year Anniversary Week


 Rick and I like to be in the temple around our anniversary and usually try and make it on our actual wedding day the 15th.  This year we are traveling and we have a delivery coming the 15th so we went yesterday and will go the 20th. We also will be able to be reminded of our sealing while we attend Brittany's sealing tomorrow! I cannot believe we will be married 33 years!  

I was recently called to serve in the RS presidency of our newly created ward.  I am now in the Rancho Sienna ward.  Only ten families from my old ward came with me and the majority are coming from a ward together.  I always am a bit worried that I am not eloquent enough, or smart enough, or a scriptorian etc.  It is not that I don't try.  I study everyday but I feel like I am not good at bringing things to my mind or explaining them well.  So I feel like I always go into a calling with a loaves and fishes type of situation.  I bring my little bit that I have and my willingness and I trust that God will magnify it to be enough and to spare.  So in the temple I had a prayer in my heart that I would just feel his love and awareness of my feelings and in the celestial room I opened to D & C 88 which is full of such great things but a couple things stood out to me.  It starts off right away by saying , thus saith the Lord unto you who have assembled yourselves together to receive his will concerning you.  So right away I feel like He is telling me, I see you and I know you.  It then goes on to say how my prayer is pleasing unto the Lord and he will send me a comforter and that He will abide in my heart.  Finally that the light which is Christ will give me light and will enlighten my eyes and quickeneth my understandings.  

So I sat there and just felt that God saw my fears and He knows that I needed this reassurance that He will be with me and will help me.  I can go forward with faith and when those doubts come, I can look to Him and know that He can make me enough and to spare.  



Comments

bethouhumble said…
Great start to your anniversary and I love how the Lord can speak to us through the scriptures! We can receive customized counsel depending on our situation and needs. Got that same feeling from my study this week! If we are faithful the spirit can be our companion and enlarge our efforts!

Popular Posts