Weekend Happenings

Dressed in green for St Patrick's Day!
All I could see was no life jacket!  He was having a blast driving the boat. He went to the coast for spring break!
Hudson is walking! 

Lexi celebrated Levi's party yesterday with family. Blake and Caden joined and they had a great time.  Lexi made fruit pizza for dessert.  Rick and I cleaned the church yesterday and then took our dogs for a walk.  The weather in Texas right now is so beautiful.  We then had a lunch date at Chuys.  We have been watching Monk for our night time show before bed.  We have really enjoyed that together.  

I attended the RS broadcast last night.  I usually end up just watching it from home, but I actually went to the church to watch with the other sisters in three different wards.  Only about 30 sisters came but I am so glad I went.  I would have missed out on the testimonies that were shared by the sisters and they were raw, emotional, and reminded me of how careful and kind we need to be to one another.  Two of the sisters were from my ward.  Mary is the mother of five children with four of them very autistic.  Beau serves in our bishopric and they are the first to serve and volunteer to help.  Mary is always smiling her beautiful smile and you just think all is well and they are thriving.  Mary shared how she is struggling so hard with even wanting to go on and thinking how can she.  She has been just going through the motions all with a smile on her face but just not feeling anything.  You had to be there to get the full impact of it but she was the 2nd to last one so I had already been crying after Britt's testimony and could barely not sob.  I think that these girls felt that in this space they could just share the real and raw of what they were going through.  It was just 30 women and was such a reminder of the sisterhood we share.  After the meeting they were surrounded with hugs and words of love.  I texted Mary after and expressed my love for her and that my door is open always if she just needed to talk. 
Britt is a beautiful model like young mom of two little boys.  I have her little guy in nursery and he is one of my favorites.  He is so sweet and gentle.  Britt is probably 6'1 with long flowing blonde hair and you would look at her and think I want to look like her!  She shared that she struggles with severe anxiety and the anxious thoughts swirl in her head constantly and it stops her from feeling a connection with God or the spirit.   Her mom and dad both have had breast cancer and that has been one of her constant fears.  Her last mammogram showed a concern so they did a more intense test.  She said she has never known fear like that in her life and she never wants to feel like that ever again but she said during this time, she felt God, she felt Him there with her and she realized that she had been praying for that very thing for months. She had no idea that this would be the way that that prayer would be answered.  She had just gotten the results back and it was benign.  There were others that shared but these two were such reminders to be kind, pray to know who I can reach out, and that we are all going through our own struggles even if we look like we have it all together.  Anyway I got in my car and pretty much sobbed the entire way home as my heart was just so tender for these sweet sisters and made me realize that life is hard but we can. make it a bit better by being there for each other.  I think last night these two sisters felt seen and heard and loved and sometimes that is what we need.  

Comments

bethouhumble said…
I'm crying just reading about it! Why do so many feel alone?! We are watching the broadcast together from our stake the last Sunday of this month but based on last year our numbers may be low too.

Popular Posts