Bishops Storehouse
I felt pretty decent so I went to do my service at the storehouse. They had over 90 orders because they were going to be closed for the holidays. Three bishops came and picked up several orders mainly a Christmas meal with turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing, olives, etc. Those orders were easy to fill. It is always humbling to take the patrons around and hear their story or a bit about their lives. Life can sure be hard, and I was so grateful that the church has services that can help those that are needing a little extra help. We had four sisters from my ward that had signed up and two had not done it before. They had a great experience and it was fun serving with them. It sure does make you take a minute and count your blessings and to realize that we are our brother's keeper. It is so easy to get caught up in our own lives and forget that there are so many that are struggling day to day. Sometimes it is as simple as listening to them, offering a smile, or kind word. I need to be better at looking for those that could use a little extra attention.


Comments