Injured at Indexing!

Poor Blake!  Last night at combined youth group, he was conducting.  He asked a boy to come up and lead the music, but as Blake was going back to sit in his chair, this boy who was in the second row, moved Blake's chair just as he was going to sit down.  It didn't look like he got hurt and everyone sort of laughed.  Bishop then had Blake come back up and stand for announcements etc.  I thought Blake looked mad but I thought maybe he was just embarrassed.  He left right after and had Rick look at his back.  It ended up being pretty bad and poor kid was dying up there and said  it was so painful.  I felt so bad for him.  On the upside, the boys had a blast indexing.  I have been trying to get them interested and they have done a little, but last night they were doing World Ward II registrations and they both said, this is so cool.  We are having a competition between girls and boys until the first week of October and loser has to buy pizza for the winner.  Since coming back from Utah and also hearing so many topics on keeping the Sabbath day holy I have a plan.  I know I have to babystep my way and I don't want my boys dreading Sunday. So my idea is to have one bucket for individual and one bucket for family.  In the bucket of individual will be strips like indexing, scouting, duty to god, personal progress(me), gratitude, read, plan FHE lesson,watch a mormon message journal etc.  In the Family bucket will be go on walk, make goodies, play game, watch church movie,

We each have to pull out two individual papers and we as a family pull out one family one.  They only have to work 10-15 minutes on each activity and it can be accomplished on their own time but before 9 that night.  I am hoping this will not be met with too much resistance and maybe some of these things will become a habit.  I am sure I will have to adjust and tweak as it is put into practice! 

Comments

Popular Posts