A picture when she could use both her back legs!!!

So a couple months ago after going to the groomers, Gracie came home limping.  I was going to call them and ask if something had happened to her, but thought maybe they just clipped her toenails too short and it hurt.  Since then she has been favoring that leg and it has gotten worse.  This morning she wouldn't use it at all and so I called the vet.  I thought they would just pop her knee in or maybe tell me she had arthritis.  They said her knee is completely out and is causing her a lot of pain.  They also said since she is three and never had problems before that is most likely was due to trauma.  So Monday she will go in for surgery and then three months of physical therapy.  Poor little girl.  Needless to say I am changing groomers.  She always was so nervous going and she cried her high pitch cry whenever I came back to get her.  Maybe she was trying to tell me that they were not very nice to her!!  I am dreading the recovery.  She will not be able to jump on things and she does that all day long.  Trying to keep her down and safe will be quite the full time job.  Remind me of this if I ever get a craving for another dog!

Comments

Popular Posts