Valentine's Day Fun and Remodel Project

After our last workout on Tuesday, this was Rick's sweat angel.  I love his little head atop his shoulders!

My new light for the room.  Before there was an enormous chandelier and it was way to big for the room.

All moulding and trim taken off and new trim around the door openings going in.

Shows the moulding and trim before he removed it. 

Lexi enjoying her first ice cream or as she said "heaven in a cup"  She is heading to Barcelona this week. 


I was hit with my first cold last week thanks I think to my sweet boy Blake.  He was over his pretty fast, but mine lingered for days.  Rick had planned a little weekend getaway for us taking advantage of having a 21 year old in the house to watch the fellas.  I had forgotten that I had signed up to feed the sister missionaries Friday night, so his plans had to be altered a little.  Instead of going out to eat, we ate with the sisters and then took off.  I, thankfully felt a bit better, the next morning we walked around the huge outlet malls near San Antonio.  I seemed to get these coughing fits that I could not get under control, so needless to say we headed home a bit early.  We  were home by 1:30 and Morgan had made the brownies and rice krispie treats for our annual fondue night.  All in all a fun time for all.  Rick is redoing my room for me and boy oh boy, he is a perfectionist.  When I researched how to do the plank wall, everyone said a day to day 1/2 project, but not Ricker.  He has taken off all he molding and he is replacing it with taller base boards and smaller moulding around the ceiling.  He painted the ceiling to match the color of the planks.  He is framing out the doors and windows and then he will start the planking.  I know it will look awesome when he is finished!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
So glad you had fun despite the cold. It's so annoying to have those coughing fits! I can't wait to see the room! I have no idea what you are doing. Do you have an inspiration picture?

Popular Posts