Random Pics



I work out with a girl that does facial peels and is licensed to do them.  Ginger and I thought we would give it a try and get rid of some of our sun damaged spots.  That picture is from day three and the peeling started.  My whole face ended up peeling like that but I must say my skin is radiant and so soft.  It actually is still peeling on my forehead and cheeks.  I will try and take better care of my fresh skin by moisturizing and wearing sunblock!  Morgan gave her homecoming talk on Sunday and Chrissy and Lizzie came and the Schoenrocks.  Ellie and Annaka were planning on it but poor Annaka was sick.  Morgan did an amazing job but she really didn't write more than a little outline so I don't have it to put on her.  She talked about how the Lord can take your weaknesses and turn them into strengths through the enabling power of the atonement.  She said that the 19 year old girl that left did not have the natural ability to be a missionary.  She talked about how she was an introvert and really had not invested too much time in others.  She felt the power to do and become as she turned to her Savior for help.  She shared some experiences where the words were put in her mouth and that she new that she truly was an instrument in His hands.  She shared the scripture in 1 Nephi 17: 50 If he should command me that I should say unto this water; be thou earth, it should be earth and if I should say it, it would be done.  And now if the Lord has such great power and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship."  She then listed a few people like Moses, Nephi, etc that did miracles and she said he took a 19 year old girl and made her a missionary.  Anyway I am not doing it justice, but I can tell you that not a sound was heard as she was talking.  She just stood up there and talked from the heart and they were captivated.  The spirit was strong.  Two people came up and said they were torn watching her or watching her dad look at her with such love and pride.   We had a lovely dinner prepared after church and poor Caden didn't even wait until company had left before he crashed.  I was worried he was coming down with something, but I guess he was just tired!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Sounds wonderful! What a special day! The peel sounds interesting. Glad it was supposed to do that! I can't tell if your hair is red or dark. With Rick it looks red and with Morgan it looks dark!
Daniels Six said…
It's dark! The pic with Rick was taken right before I got it colored again. It washes out to the lighter color eventually.

Popular Posts