Gifts from the Heart Are the Best!



We made Ricker's favorite cake, devils food with pecan icing.  I think Caden actually ate 3/4 of it, but Rick enjoyed a piece.  Blake walked in our room with a folded piece of paper and when he walked back out I could tell he was emotional.  I wasn't sure what was going on, so I had him come and sit by me.  I asked him what was the matter and he said nothing at first.  I told him I could see that he was visibly upset about something and he told me he had written Rick a note for his birthday and he just was overcome with emotion about it.  Rick and I read it and were so touched.  First, Blake hates to write, he worries about his spelling and so he just doesn't do it.  So that he sat down and wrote this letter and then was so sweet, was so special.  Rick will always treasure it.  I was teasing Blake later and told him that he has now set the bar high and I wanted a lovely letter for my birthday too!  He just gave me his cheeky grin so I won't hold my breathe.  He is a boy who loves his dad and wants to be with him all the time!  Anyway the letter was the figurative icing on the cake!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
I loved Blake's letter! When something is difficult it is even more treasured! I'm glad he didn't let his hate of spelling from stopping him express his feelings! The best pay a parent can receive is appreciation!

Popular Posts