Took the girls to the broadway production of Wicked Saturday. They loved it. It reminded me of the story I used to read to them about the Three Little Pigs as told by the Big Bad Wolf. He wasn't bad, he was just maligned by the author. The wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz was seen in a different light as they told the story from her perspective and how things were twisted around. It made me think of something I had read recently about how if we all wore signs around our necks that told how we really were doing then maybe we would treat each better. If someone is rude to me, but I could rewind and see what kind of day they had or what had happened to cause them to react then maybe I could respond with love. I think I often forget to "walk in someone else's shoes" before I pass judgement. Anyway it was a fun day hanging with my girlies. Rick met up with us in Austin at the theater. He came straight from the airport. He had been in Arizona for five days. I missed him. He was able to see my mom's old stomping grounds and actually worked with my cousin and her husband. They work in the ER there. He really liked the people and everyone said they love it there, but it is really isolated and not much to do so he wasn't sure what made them love it so much. On a completely different note, Blake came home the other day and was saying that a kid at school was talking about "sex" and he didn't understand the things he was saying. Apparently on the way to his tutoring tonight, he broached the subject with Rick. Rick explained some things to him and there was shock and awe from Blake. He walked in and the kids and I were playing Authors. He walked over completely serious and said "I have had the talk" I told him he wasn't to say anything to his friends or Caden because it is the parents' job to know when they want to have that discussion. I am thinking that Caden will be soon because Blake doesn't really have a filter. I am so sad that he was already exposed to this at school, but I guess I should be glad it has taken this long. They will be twelve this year!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Brittany still hasn't had "the talk"! She would turn away and cover her ears and say she didn't want to hear if I ever tried to broach the subject! It's weird to think of Rick being here working. Will be nice to know what is going to happen to you guys and where you'll be!
Bozie said…
i know what you mean. brad is still so innocent and really has no clue. we were watching "naked gun" (which i actually threw away) and i was dying at the comments he made after. so sweet and pure. i'll keep that as long as i can:)so there really isn't anything to do in that part of arizona-sounds like our childhood in maine. glad we had the farm to keep us busy!

Popular Posts