Resolutions
We had such a nice Sunday in which I know that I felt inspiration for me personally. I love when I walk away from our meetings with a new resolve and determination to step it up. In particular my prayers. We had one of our missionaries return and he spoke. He served in Brazil. He was completely full of joy. In our seminary class this morning they had a quote from President Hinckley and I just thought of him immediately. "I invite every one of you, wherever you may be as members of this church, to stand on your feet and with a song in your heart move forward, living the gospel, loving the Lord, and building the kingdom. Together we shall stay the course and keep the faith, the Almighty being our strength. " That was this young man! He also said that prayer is hard work, it requires energy. I always feel that often my prayers are lacking. I felt in that moment the Lord telling me to do better. Also regarding prayer, the Ensign had an article about 10 things for a better happy marriage. I was reading this to Rick and we were doing really well in most areas. We talked about how every year our marriage seems to get better. I never think "If we could only get our marriage back to this time.." But if we want to continue improving each year there are some areas we can work on. One being "kneel together in prayer morning and night to call down the powers of heaven to bless your marriage" I loved that wording. We have always been bad at this. He came home at 2:30 this morning so I was asleep and I get up at 5 and he is still sleeping now. Our schedules are so not consistent. But I am determined that the mornings and evenings we are together we will do this. I want the powers of heaven to bless my marriage!! I will put forth the work and energy to have this blessing in my life. So a couple of my resolutions have to do with prayer. 1- meaningful personal prayer 2-couple prayer I have six more goals that I know will bless my life and my family if I will do them so here is to 2012!!!


Comments