Patience Patience Patience
I have been really trying to become a more charitable, loving, person to all those I come in contact with. I have been inspired by George Albert Smith and just in my daily scripture study. I have had a couple not so shining moments. Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby to get a urn. The signs all over the place where the urn was said 50% off and so I grab it and take it to the counter only to be informed that it wasn't because it was metal. I was so irritated because this store does this a lot. I said the sign is posted right above this item. She said well it says only polyresin and something else. So I said "you and your stupid signs!" Really mature! Then this morning my little guys were fighting over a box of cereal to see who could pour it first. I mean down on the floor wrestling over it. I told them calmly to stop or someone would get hurt. Of course, at this age they continue to go at it and ignore me. Blake wins the scuffle and Caden in retaliation grabs Blake's bowl and proceeds to put it back in the drawer and in the process smashes Blake's fingers (insert wailing). So I yell at them for longer than is necessary(and I will admit that yelling is never necessary unless a life is at stake) and they were dead quiet until they left for school! (which I sent them off to without prayer, kiss, or any words of encouragement!) I have been doing so good and not losing my cool and raising my voice. Even in the moment I was telling myself "get a grip, crazy!!" I am determined not to get discouraged by these setbacks but to pull myself up and go again. I will apologize to my guys for the way I handled the situation and strive to be the parent I need to be (one that is long suffering and kind.) I think as these boys continue to mature I am going to need the long suffering! But I am going to cling to the promise from President Romney that if I read the Book of Mormon with them "the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity—the pure love of Christ—will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness” !!!
In their defense they really are good boys and most of the time are very obedient. I just had a short fuse this morning for whatever reason!


Comments