
After we checked into our apartment where we would stay for the month, we headed to Park City to the Alpine slide. I am deathly afraid of heights and my intention was to just let the family enjoy this and I would stay firmly planted on the ground. The
fam would not hear of it and words such as chicken, your no fun,
yada yada, I was talked into joining them on one ride. I told them I would consent to the Alpine Slide only. We get in this lift and the worker actually tells us the bar in front of us is optional. Can you believe it? I had a death grip on that bar the entire time. The worst part by far was going up the lift, it went
sooo slow. My agony as I saw me and my very good friend the ground parting ways was acute. I closed my eyes most of the way! My kids have absolutely no fear. Morgan and Lexi always do those insane rides at Six Flags and are fine bunging off things, totally risking their lives. You can see the picture of them mocking me when they went to do another ride and the bar is clearly not in front of them! To paraphrase
Caden, "I am a good owner of my body!" But I digressed, anyway I finally get to the top and to my sheer joy, there is a designated slow lane. Note how I am the only one in that lane but no amount of heckling from the peanut gallery could
persuade me to leave that line. I persevered and made it down!! We then stopped in
Heber at Granny's Drive-In which is always a must when we come to Utah!!
Comments