Scorpions and Fire Ants be Very Afraid!!

Last night for fhe we had an awesome lesson on Attitude and I thought it would be great to remind them that no matter what comes their way, they can choose how to respond. This year they could make it the best with just deciding that they will have a great attitude. We read a cute story and then I told them the story of Joshua and Caleb. I then took Ellies idea of doing a mad lib with the girls choosing the words and then the boys choosing the words. We discussed how choices can affect our outcome and choosing to be positive could affect theirs. We ended with the cute short clip from the Incredibles entitled "Boundin" It was perfect. Then the guys all headed off to shoot guns. My boys both have dominant left eyes so it is hard for them to try and aim correctly. Rick thought it would be great for them to have air soft guns to practice with. He bought four of them today along with safety goggles and the boys had a blast. They were shooting any bug that got in their way. I told them that if they kept it up, I would be able to cancel my pest control! I love how the boys color coordinated!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
I'll have to see if I can look up the clip from Incredibles to check that out. Tanner would LOVE to be there joining in. He just got two airsoft guns with the money he earned this summer and needs a lot more opportunity to use them!
Daniels Six said…
It is in the extras and it is so worth watching. Such a cute little song and moral.
Bozie said…
i don't think we've seen that extra either. great examples of attitude with joshua and caleb! it's funny just how much boys love their guns!!

Popular Posts