Countdown to Seminary


In a week we will be starting our 4th year of teaching seminary. This year we are doing the Old Testament. I am a little nervous but mostly excited, since I am the least familiar with the Old Testament. I think that most of my students will be the same. We just had our inservice today and were told that we need to report the students scripture reading. They will need to account daily if they read the previous day. They can count family scripture study or any scripture and it doesn't need to be a set amount. This comes from our prophet and I believe he is worried about retention of our youth and if they can "learn for themselves" as Joseph did and get in the habit of turning to the scriptures to enrich and aid their lives, we will not lose them! With Morgan's help, I am handing out the Manna-Bars. I love the similarity between manna and daily scripture study and seminary. I need to hand them out tomorrow so they will have a reminder to attend our Back to Seminary night the following Sunday. A lot to do this week to get my room ready!

Comments

Bozie said…
that's a great idea! manna from heaven every day-we have it too with our scriptures-wonderful point! good luck this year;)

Popular Posts