I Love Being a Mom!!


Yesterday was just a great day. I was surrounded by those I love! Blake, Caden and Lexi each made me a card and they were so awesome! Morgan is doing a joint mother and father's day gift so I don't know what that is yet. Ricker forgot it was mother's day so at 7:oo Sunday morning, I received a text from him: ( he had to work the weekend)

I had a terrible thought last night
My heart ached as I worked and pondered my plight
I stressed and wondered how to make things right
But alas too late to show a little foresight

You might wonder by now to what I refer
I'm thinking not of a 'what' but really a 'her'
She's tender and pretty and kind of demure
The mom of my kids, my sweet Lammyfur

So why do I worry for heaven's sake
She's my little wife I'll never forsake
'cause she tends to give and I tend to take
It might just be true that I am a flake

I thought once or twice early last week
You should find her a gift to hide and then seek
But I got very busy, my memory was weak,
So now I feel lousy, like an ungrateful geek

So I wrote her this poem, it's all I could do
She's the best in my life, twill always be true
The fountain of life as our family grew
The light and the hope of that family too

I've said at least a part of what I could say
The cloth of our family would certainly fray
Our life without her would always be grey
We thank Heaven for MomElena each day!

I mean really! I was on cloud nine the rest of the day. My girls thought it was so romantic! I really am blessed to be doing what I always hoped to be doing when I grew up. I think in part thanks to my own mother who made motherhood and wifehood look so enjoyable. My kids are such a joy and inspiration to me. I am thankful everyday for them and the opportunity and trust my Heavenly Father gave me to guide them on their journey!



Comments

Anonymous said…
love it! that is so sweet!

holly zitting
Be Thou Humble said…
That's all I told Scott I wanted for Mother's Day anyway was a card with a note from him. He got me something in spite of my wishes but his card made me cry and was the best part of all! Glad you had good day!
Bozie said…
this made me tear up-how sweet! i think we all love being moms because of our mother. she just loved us so much-we knew she'd do anything for her family so we in turn love our kids more than anything. i too am grateful to be a mother!
Kim said…
What a beautiful love note Rick wrote for you.

I love being a mommy too. It's all I ever dreamed of.... besides traveling:) I'm crossing my fingers that you'll come here to Boise and we can be mommies together. I'd love to learn more from you!

Popular Posts