High Adventure!


Living with an over achiever can be full on high drama sometimes. I still remember the phone call I received when Rick and I were in Hawaii (about to ride horses). My 7th grade daughter locked in her room calling me and sobbing about a math test grade. I had to talk her down from hysteria and assure her that everything would be ok. I gave her a couple of scenerios and the teacher ended up doing what I said he would. I was reminded of that last night as she was working on her speech project. She always stresses when it is a group grade because she has to rely on others for her grade. She had one partner bail for a doctors' appointment. So last night she was doing the display board and was totally having a melt down at one point. I helped her with her board and gave her ideas and made the cupcakes (Ginger's idea) and she was a changed girl when it all came together. I do believe that I will be on the girl's speed dial when she goes to college, and secretly that is right where I want to be!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Looks like it turned out great!!! She always pulls through! Glad you are able to talk her through it!
Bozie said…
you are wonderful and the perfect mom for such a girl! and yes, wouldn't that be nice if our kids even have us on their phone when they go to college?!!
fyi-the project looks like it turned out perfect!

Popular Posts