Friday Ramblings.
![]() |
| This little cutie and his crossed feet! |
I teach young women's on Sunday and I have been pondering and praying for guidance as I do and I have had a few thoughts that have come that I have jotted down. In my study this morning a couple scriptures stood out 1) 2 Nephi 32:9. I say unto you that ye must pray always and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Jesus Christ that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee; they they performance may be for the welfare of thy soul. "
and in D & C 124:44, if ye labor with all your might, I will consecrate that spot that it shall be made holy.
I thought about my home, my calling, my marriage, my family, and I need to pray to have the Lord consecrate my efforts in these areas. That when I act, speak, teach that I do it for the welfare of the souls within my reach and my own. It was the idea of living holier and what do I gain in my life by doing so. I think greater access to the spirit, greater capacity to do good, greater willpower to overcome my weaknesses, being more intentional in my relationships, greater kindness and grace in my marriage, added wisdom and insight for my callings etc. So many blessings can come when I strive to think celestial and try to rise to a higher and holier way of living and being.
Elder Holland quoted an Anglican priest "No one ever drifted into holiness". Reminds me to be intentional!
And You steer where you stare. I love this! Where is my focus because where my focus goes my energy flows.
Then such a beautiful quote from JR Tolkien when he was writing to his son during World War II
"Still let us both take heart of hope and faith. The link between father and son is not only of perishable flesh; it must have something of eternity about it. There is a place called 'heaven' where the good here unfinished is completed; and where the stories unwritten, and the hopes unfulfilled, are continued. We may laugh together yet...."
Elder Gong shared a thought that I loved when he said in the temple we can look in those mirrors and looking forward I can see myself as a mother, grandmother , great grandmother in one direction and as a daughter, granddaughter, great-granddaughter in the other direction. The generational nature of the plan of happiness. I just loved all these thoughts and for the joy that is found when I focus on my Savior. I want Him to be where I am steering toward.



Comments