Justin's Farewell












 My plane left Saturday morning at 6:45 so I was up at 3:45 to get ready. I did not sleep a wink the whole night. Ellie picked me up at the airport at 7:20 and we headed to her place.  Scott picked up Tyson and Gma around 9:30 and Nichole and her group drove and arrived around 1:30.  It was a quick trip but fun.  We were able to see Tanner and T, attend Annaka's first hockey game, and hear Justin give his talk. He said a couple things that I loved.  The more distant we are from God the more entitled we become, and that life is not fair but it was not for the Savior either and he stayed the course.  Sometimes life seems so unfair for some of those we love and not of their own making but just how they came to earth  Mental illness is such an unfair situation and I have gotten upset and frustrated as those I love have struggled with different challenges that they did nothing to deserve.  I have been a bit angry and wonder why my. prayers seem to go unanswered. I read the stories where children are healed because of the faith of their parents in the Bible, and I want that miracle.  Justin's reminder about the Savior's life helped my heart heal a little in that regard.  We had a lovely meal together and then we headed to the airport that evening.  I could not sleep Saturday night either so I was a bit tired on the drive home.  I pulled into my garage around 12:45 am and feel into bed.  I slept sound until 8 the next morning when Rick walked in! Had a pretty slow Monday and slept great again. Today we worked out, went grocery shopping, I went to canasta and then came home and made dinner.  

Comments

Popular Posts