Week 2

We were able to see and talk to Caden today and it was awesome.  He was so talkative and happy.  His district found a computer lab that no one was aware of and they were all in there talking to their families.  You could tell that they all got a long and Caden was so easy and friendly with them all.  It was so wonderful to see him! 





Buenas Días mi familia! Just finished my second week in Mexico and I thought Id just share some of the highlights. Last P day the entire district played sand volleyball, and that was really fun. We were like Tom Cruise in Top Gun, minus the shirtless part. Just kidding we weren'tthat good, we could hardly hold a volley, We also played an ultimate frisbee game during gym time, and I dont mean to brag, but I managed to catch a few easy winners. I was made a zone leader this week, so I have to check in on 3 different districts and organize sacrament meeting. Now all the guys in District fear me and my companion because we assign speakers for sacrament meeting. We had an arm wrestling competition during a service project, and one of the guys in my room won. His name is Elder Shumway and he is super chill, and he is the first person I have met from the tribe of Levi. I like to tease him sometimes and call him the CHOSEN ONE. Our teacher is super hilarious and always teases me. She once asked if I was ANOREXIA and if we lose a spanish game she will say ustedes son LOSERS. We all love her. I personally like our afternoon teacher, but one time she threatened to take away our gym time if we didnt memorize Moroni 10:3-5 by Saturday. I thought this was a great idea because I knew we could all get it by then, but some of the guys in the district we´re greatly offended. Elder Wood was surprisingly mad about it. He´s pretty cool. He took ju jitsu and showed us his moves. I shot him with a finger gun once when he was trying to demonstrate how to disarm a gunman. I feel like he might be one of those missionaries that would try to disarm a mugger instead of giving up his belongings. I got to be a part of a few blessings so that was cool. We are forbidden from doing flips, so I got to find a patch somewhere with no cameras so I can do some flips. As far as spiritual stuff goes, my witness of the atonement had definitely grown since I´ve been here. As selfish mortal beings it is hard for us to imagine getting something for nothing. Why would anybody do something good for someone who doesn´t deserve it. But Christ did. We didn´t deserve him. This sinful world didn´t deserve him. He asked us to do one thing, keep his commandments. And we couldn´t even do that. And yet he paid the price for every mistake we have made or will make. I asked myself why? And the answer is love. Its the greatest gift we have. With it we can overcome the natural man. Even the most selfish being will lay himself down for someone he loves. Its the greatest feeling to know that we can let it all go. Hope that wasn't too mushy. I love you all. Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts