Hola
mi Familia y mis amigos amados! I have reached my last Pday in the MTC.
This morning we had to pack up all our stuff and weigh it for the
flight. The MTC has given us so many books! They are so heavy, my
carry-on barely makes the weight limit and all I have in it are my books
and my towel. We found out that we leave the MTC this coming Monday at
3:30 in the morning. We have not gotten our boarding pass yet, so we
don´t know exactly where we are going. We know we are going to use Copa
Airlines, so we had our teacher do some research for us. It turns out
that pretty much every Copa flight to the DR has a layover in Panama, so
we are pretty sure that we are going to go through Panama, which sounds
cool to me.N much happened this week, just the usual practice teaching
and Spanish lessons. We watched some cool bible videos during a
devotional, so now I´m going to start reading the New testament again. I
gave those 2 slim fit pants that don´t fit me to an Elder in my
district. He seemed genuinely excited about it, and it made me feel so
good. He comes from a very different background, and I think he
appreciated it. Some of the dudes in our house are crazy. One night they
held a jousting tournament in the hallway where they raced at each
other on rollie chairs with brooms. It didn´t take long for them to
break a broom. I wasn´t brave enough to participate, but I took a few
pics. They also stole a tray from the cafeteria and lubricated the
bottom with bug spray, which they then used to bobsled down the hallway.
There was another district in a different house that stole hundreds of
cups from the cafeteria and made a temple in their house. They got
caught and were disciplined, but I thought it was still an impressive
accomplishment. We watched an awesome devotional that Elder Holland gave
a couple years back to the missionaries called "Feed my Sheep". It was
intense, he blasted all the slacker missionaries and
inactive-former-missionaries by comparing them to Peter, who forgot
everything Jesus had ever told him and went back to fishing after Jesus
died. Holland told the missionaries that the calling never ends, and we
can never go back to who we were. Peter was such an amazing apostle, he
definitely had some low points, but he was still an awesome example. One
of my favorite quotes from him was after Jesus´ disciples turned around
and left, Christ asks him, "will ye also go away," and Peter says
"Lord, to whom would we go?" I just think it´s awesome. I appreciated
all the email´s and pics, this time next week I will be in the DR. I
love you all! Adios!



He looks so much like Rick did at this age. I sure love this kid!
Comments