Forcing myself to be Social!
After church, Rick and I were talking about how some people in the ward might not get included as much and I had read a talk about those on the fringes and how we need to watch out for them. I don't get invited to everything, but I kind of like that and often if I am invited I make an excuse not to go. After talking he said maybe we should have a BBQ/swim party and invite the Williams family. They just got married and we helped them move down the road from us. This is a 2nd marriage for both of them and they have three kids each. We are thrilled for Russ because he has had a really hard few years and he has found a lovely girl to marry. She spoke on Sunday and she was just so sweet. I immediately felt like we could be friends. So I thought that would be a good idea. I then thought of a couple other families to invite. Three out of the four families came and it was so fun. We had hamburgers and hotdogs and sides and then we did smores for dessert. Jameson brought his guitar and played and sang for us as the sun went down and it was awesome. Rhonda said when she got my text inviting her and her sweet family, she raised her hands high and said, "we got invited". That made me both happy and sad. They are an older couple that adopted three little kids so they are not the normal age for the age of the kids they have and I don't think they are always thought of. They are converts of a few years and Rhonda would do anything for anyone. Everyone had such a nice time visiting and the kids just swam and swam. It made me realize that people need people and need to feel loved and accepted. I need to be willing to put myself out more!




Comments