Courage
Our stake does missionary week every year and the kids are given a mission call to serve in our stake and they are given a daily assignment. Sunday at church was their MTC and Rick was in charge of that, Monday they had to teach a lesson for FHE, Tuesday was no media day, no cell phones, etc, Wednesday was missionary night at combined YM/YW and Thursday was dress like a missionary day. Caden was the only high school kid that did it but two of my middle school young women sent me pics at school. They even had name tags on! I know several other girls in middle school did it too but I didn't see pics of them yet. I told these girls I was so proud of them for their courage. It is hard being LDS in our area. There are a lot of unfriendly views and misconceptions. Kids often don't want to draw attention to themselves in middle school or high school and it just made me feel like the future of the church is in good hands. We will have a fireside Sunday at our house to hear about their experiences!



Comments