Baby Grey Goes Home

Getting ready to leave the hospital.  I am sure he will be glad to be no longer poked and prodded! Ellie sent this outfit to him and I thought it was so cute that they chose that to bring him home in. 

Caden and I took a break from baby and took in a movie



I snuck back after the movie to love on Grey again.  It was just Kayla and Blake so I was able to sit and enjoy him.  I had gotten a text from Ginger before the movie that Paul and Barret were going to the hospital.  I just immediately started crying.  Blake loves Paul so much and I know that it would mean so much to him when they walked in.  I got a text from Blake a while later and all it was was
Paul and Barret!!!!! I am so grateful for such great friends who support us through the thick and the thin.   Then today at church Rick was conducting and the speaker had not shown up yet.  We only had the high councilman there.  So Rick just said he would say a few words and then maybe have some people come share their tesimonies.  He mentioned that he was sure most were aware from social media that he bacame a grandpa on Friday  He said Blake had his baby and how he wanted to express his gratitude for the ward and how they loved Blake and that he always felt comfortable coming to church and felt nothing but love and support.   Anyway the speaker showed up and so nobody else had to speak impromptu.  I was sitting by myself and after Rick was done, sweet Joelda got up from her pew and came and sat by me and gave me a hug.  Joelda is less active but probably  one of the sweetest people I have met and even though she has very little, she extends as much as she can and always notices those who need a little extra love.  Also my ministering sister Marilyn (91) came to church.  She had asked me during the week what lesson we were on in Sunday School so I told her and she read up and came to both meetings.  She must be having the spirit work on her because she has found no need for religion her entire life. (she is the mom of the daughter married to the general authority)  The chain of events that led her to coming out was 1) she called Rick to invite the missionaries for Thanksgiving because the daughter and son in law were coming (2) right after that phone call, I was given her name to minister too. 3) I knew she had been on the do not contact list, but since I knew she had reached out to Rick I felt that I could reach out to her. 4) called her and set up a visit which was confusing to her but ended up going super well 5) invited her to meet some of the sisters that live in Sun City by her because I knew they would not dissapoint me and they would wrap her in love and frienship and they did  6) friendships have developed.  So she came up to me before Sunday School today to let me know she was there and that she would sit by me, but she just met some lovely ladies and was sitting with them.  She said everyone is so welcoming here.  I love how our Heavenly Father never gives up reaching out to us, not ever.  Such comfort in knowing that!

Comments

Popular Posts